Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blueberries

Today I've got some more dotting for you.
I was playing around with my dotting tools and noticed, that if you plug the dotting tool on a dot that's not completely dry yet, you get a crater. And somehow those craters started to look like the blueberry "belly buttons" - you know, the opposite side from where the berry is attached to the twig. You don't? Oh well, never mind. You do? That's great - I bet you've been picking them sometimes.. Anyways, here is my blueberry mani.
The most fun part in this was definitely choosing the colours and getting to spread out my swatchsicles on my desk!
I started out by painting the base, which is three coats of Catrice Khaki Perry (was disappointed by the opacity of this one..), and adding the lightest purple and green dots.
Then I made a kind of a gradient by dotting the centres of these base dots with darker colours. Oh heck, what am I babbling here. You can propably see everything from the pics yourself..
You see the "craters" or "belly buttons" in my blueberries? I made them by poking the dotting tool in a semi-dry dot, and turning it around a little. I finished the look by adding a tiny dot in contrasting colour. And a coat of Seche Vite, of course!
And here are the bottle pics along with some clutter on my desk:
greens:
China Glaze Westside Warrior, Essence Show Your Feet In The Jungle, Catrice Sold Out Forever, OPI Stranger Tides
purples:
Essence Multidimension Found My Love, OPI Planks a Lot, Astor Pop Color 139, China Glaze Loft-Y-Ambitions

4 comments:

  1. These look great!! Love all the colours you chose! Such a lovely palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love creating colour combos now when I've got my swatchsicles :) Actually, I can't keep my hands off them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete